[DIY] How to make your own SMUDGE STICK
In case you don’t know what smudge stick is. Smudging is an act of purification and the smudge stick is used as an incense and the smoke has cleansing effects. It’s a traditional native practise and it’s also very calming, pleasant and it sends all the negative energy away.
You can use several types of herbs to make smudge sticks and any of them has their specific purpose. For example sage is used for healing and negative energy clearing. Cedar and rosemary - protection. Lavender - calming.
You will need:
- fresh sage & rosemary
- natural cotton thread
- collect your herbs you want to use
- hold a bigger amount of herbs together in one hand, all facing the same direction, make sure they’re all about the same length
- wrap it tightly many times back and forth
- trim off the rest and you’re done!
- now let it dry out for a week in some dry place
How to use it:
- light the tip of the stick and then blow it out once there is a little flame
- put it on some ceramic plate to catch the ashes
- let it smoke for a while in a place you want to cleanse
- allow the smoke to wash away any negativity